Help Error codes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tsee

Hi everyone, I hope that someone can shed some light on this for me. My parents have a new computer It's an hp pavilion running Windows XP and my dad plays games on it. Well his games have been freezing up and when I went over there to help I couldn't even get it to boot up so I had to do a diagnostic test with PC Doctor today and when I did I got an error code of HD 521-2W and then after it was finishing the system recovery, I got a " File D:Windows\Creator\. Inp.Tool CD has been lost and can not be recovered." Well I am on my own system now and I was just wondering if anyone could help Thanks for your time.

How old is this pc? Have you opened it up to see if the freezing stops with a side off?
Possibly a "can of air" to blow out dustbunnies inside and especially heat synch/fan (on processor)....download and install Speedfan to check temps and fan speeds:
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

tsee

The PC is only a couple of months old. I have some canned air I will try that tomorrow. Thanks Rich M

tsee

It's only 2 months old what the heck happened to cause that? It is still under warranty right?

tsee said:
It's only 2 months old what the heck happened to cause that? It is still under warranty right?
Probably...if it's a Maxtor or Seagate Sata drive, that's pretty normal these days.

tsee

Okay Rich M thanks I will look into it. That kindof stinks My folks just bought the darn thing. My dad is about to throw it into the road. Ha!! Thanks

tsee said:
Should be. HPs' normal warranty is for one year , parts and labour.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online