1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help!! ERROR STARTING PROGRAM:missing DLL.CTHOOK file

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by EvanEvie11, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvanEvie11

EvanEvie11 Thread Starter

everytime i turn on my computer an error message pops up saying ERROR STARTING PROGRAM missing DLL.CTHOOK file. what does this mean. i have been having problems connecting to in the internet, could this be a result of the missing file??

Dana

2. dstrand

dstrand

What version of windows? Will the computer let you in, or does it just hang at this error message. You could run system file checker and see if it finds this missing dll. Also run antivirus software.

3. starwaves77

starwaves77

Hi EvanEvie,
    That file is unknown, it could possibly have a trojan/virus/spyware connection, and yes it might be all related to problems with the internet connection. It would be a good idea to post a log from Hijack This to show more of what's happening in your pc,

Download Hijack This

doubleclick to open, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the 'Scan' button will change into a 'Save Log' button.

Click that, save the log and copy and paste that info back here. DON'T attempt to fix anything in the log yet,

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice