1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help!!everything gone but still there

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ric66, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric66

ric66 Thread Starter

hi
    somthing really weird has happened. I have about 30 items on my desktop. However, even though they all show up on my desktop i can only click on about 4 folders...my docs, my comp , recycle bin a network places. I cant even highlight the others. I went to my actual desktop folder and i t shows that only the previously mentioned 4 folders are actually only on my desktop.
    I have a feeling this may have something to do with running diskcleanup earlier as i had no problems be4 that...but this wouldnt delete my desktop would it?
    thanks to anyone that can help

2. Rockn

Rockn

If you didn't have problems prior to using that program then that would be the culprit. The desktop items you mentioned are the default set of basic desktop icons. There is probably an option setting in the program for desktop cleanup. I am not sure why the ghost desktop items would even show up. You might want to look in the profiles folders to see if there is a desktop folder that has all of your old icons in it and copy them to your default folder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice