Help ?? External Hard Drive Failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dwspinks

I have a Maxtor External USB drive, Model 3000LS. I have used it for about a year on my PC with out problem. I unplugged it and put it on my wife's PC to backup data and it worked fine. When I went back to my PC it will recognize the USB mass storage device, but there is no drive letter. I have tried to remove all USB devices and reboot several times, but to no avail. I tried it on two other PC's and they both recognized the USB device and installed it, but no drive letter. I even took it out of the case and installed it as a slave in another PC. It shows it in Device Manager, but no drive letter. In Disk Management it shows up as a drive needing a partition. Am I screwed? Is there any way to get my data off this device?

Thanks
Donald Spinks

S

shadowman25

3qif it works on your wife's then you can get the data off. try using the drivers at your manufacturers website

dwspinks

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I wasnt' clear. My wife's PC is one of the ones that I tried it on. It will not work in anything.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online