HELP! files dissapeared

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Andrew1987L

-FIRST OFF NAPSTER ISNT P2P- you pay to use it and pay for songs if you download them-
so dont ban this, its a legit problem

Today I bought a new mp3 player It came with a free trial for napster and it said I could Import my current songs I have on my computer. (not downloaded... I made these songs the others were from CDs I bought). Ok so I import them in to the napster library but I think it just moved the file name in there and not the file. But the file is not in my own library anymore under "my music" I deleted a couple of the songs off the napster thing and it said they were deleted but not off my hard drive...

um how can I get my songs back. I know theyre on this computer I just need help finding them...
please... I cant loose my songs
Andrew

oh yea and I can see the songs on windows media player but yet again it wont play them

Search your entire machine for one of the filenames. They may simply have been moved to a different folder, or they may have been changed to a different format.

How long did it take? It would take a while to move any significant amount of music, and considerably longer if they were really moved, such as to another drive or partition..

Andrew1987L

not long at all actually.
i think the songs are still in my music or something but just hiding.
idk this whole thing is just frustrating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online