1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help: Files sqmdata##.sqm and sqmnoopt##.sqm found on computer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by DreamCrystal, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DreamCrystal

DreamCrystal Thread Starter

Ok recently I found several files on my C: drive that were not there till around June 3rd of 2007. I tried to keep an eye on the files and a new one keeps getting added at random or almost random dates. I tried looking up about them (even here on Tech Support Guy) but what I found confused me. I want to know how to get rid of them if I can.

both files are sqmdata##.sqm and sqmnoopt##.sqm (the ## being some number) I tried scanning with avg and it said there was nothing wrong. I even scanned with Spybot and Ad-Aware SE Personal. I even thought that maybe my MSN messenger created them so I removed it hoping they will disappear. I wasn't sure if I could just deleted, but I need to know a simple way to get rid of them if possible :(

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. DreamCrystal

ah so these do not cause harm to my computer?

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Don't think so as long as you are using Windows live messenger

5. DreamCrystal

ah. And I though it was the that. I'm not on it so much so that may be why some of the dates are so distant from each other. Thanks for the help ^^

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice