1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help finding Hyperx Memory pls!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tonysou, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What exactly are you trying to do? Personally I'd just get whatever else that you can find. No real reason to have 4 matching sticks. If you are planning to use them all in the same system, the motherboard/BIOS will relax the timings and slow the memory anyway. This is standard to support 4 sticks. Having four matching sticks isn't that big of a deal. If you absolutely have to have the same RAM, take a look at eBay.

3. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

This onw is out of stock. i just the same one to run it best dual channel mode.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are going to have to buy it used since it is very out of date. In addition you are going to pay a pretty high premium for that memory since 184pin memory has not been made in quite a while.

Before investing in the extra ram, you might want to check if your board will run 4 ram chips without problems. Many old mb has "issues" with all four slots populated. [I have an old nforce board here that has the issue. Long since retired however it is still sitting in the parts closet]

5. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

This one has 3 slots.. I wanna change the mb completely but idk where or which would that would fit, What are the sizes should I be looking for?

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If it only has three slots, then having another 2 sticks won't be of much help. And going from 2GB to 3GB with XP won't make much difference.

As for the motherboard, without knowing the brand/model, I can't recommend anything or comment. Assuming it's a home built PC, the motherboard is likely mATX or ATX. If it's an OEM PC (ie: Dell, HP, etc.), your best bet is to simply start from scratch.

7. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

I have 1 good one.. Other one is damage.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice