Help!...Fire! (wall)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jampot

I have recently downloaded SP2 and all seemed to be going well. The Security Centre recoginsed my anti-virus software (AVG) and apart from a minor glitch which means that I must reboot my PC to get the Security Centre to change from a red to a green light when I update the software all was well.

However I have read that the beefed up firewall provided with SP2 can conflict with existing products - in my case Zonealarm and accordingly I switched the windows firewall off.

I now have a 'check status' red light on the Security Centre with a message stating "Zonealarm is installed but its status is unknown"

I have checked with the Zonealarm software which indicates all is functioning normally - should I just ignore the warning message (which I don't really want to do) or switch the Windows firewall back on and risk possible conflict. Is there a way I can get Windows to recognise the status of my firewall?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jampot.

Under firewall in security center, click on recommendations, and see if there's an option to let you monitor your firewall yourself.

Triple6

Rob
SP2 can monitor my ZoneAlarm firewall just fine. Do you have the latest version of ZoneAlarm? You may want update it.

jampot

Thanks to those who posted. Triple6...you were spot on - I reinstalled latest version of Zone alarm and SP2 has recognised it and its own firewall is now off.

Thanks

jampot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online