1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help from Overseas -- Internet Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by agoodfella, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoodfella

agoodfella Thread Starter

I am currently overseas at a hotel with LAN internet access. I have never had this problem before and am positive that nothing is wrong with my laptop's hardware. Basically, the internet connection disconnects after a certain amount of time has passed -- after a few experiments, it seems that graphics intensive websites seem to trigger this disconnect -- the internet access is hi-speed not dial-up. I noticed that before the connection disconnects, my browser's lower left hand corner (indicating which websites are connecting to -- google-analytics.com always seems to show up, even though i never have purposely gone there). does this sound familiar? what could be the problem? it is also not simply a matter of re-connecting to the internet, the only way to get back onto the internet is to REBOOT my entire computer -- needless to say this gets very old after about 5 re-boots in a couple of hours -- the internet / tech folks here while very nice have been absolutely no help at all. Please help!!!

2. agoodfella

agoodfella Thread Starter

anyone?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Google-analytics is an ad server, it comes up all the time.

This sounds like it might be malware. Does this happen if you're booted in safe mode with networking?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice