1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved HELP!!! Fuzzy white screen won't go away

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sunflowergirl3, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sunflowergirl3

sunflowergirl3 Thread Starter

my monitor was fine one minute and out of the blue the screen just went all fuzzy. I can barely see the words I am typing on here now. I've watched YouTube videos on my phone for advice, but they weren't very helpful. I haven't made any changes or added any programs. I tried restarting my computer a few times, but that doesn't help. Occasionally I'll see a wide red vertical line and a bunch of skinny red vertical lines that look like a UPC code. When I restart my computer, the screen has a weird black blob that grows across the screen and covers up multi colored lines. What is happening? Layman's terms please. I'm not very computer savvy.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

There are only a few possibilities: the monitor itself, the graphics card, the video cable from the graphics card to the monitor or the graphics driver. You then swap out one for a known good one (from another PC). For the graphics driver, go download from vendor's site ( ATI or Nvidia)

If you are using a laptop, and you are talking about the built in display, then you'd have to send it in for repairs. Or you can use an external monitor and see.

The simplest thing to try is to update the graphics driver first.

3. sunflowergirl3

sunflowergirl3 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Come to find out it was the monitor. I bought a brand new one and everything is crystal clear. I had the old one for about 9 years, so I guess it lasted a good while.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice