Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help!! Game crashing problem

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  maxoverclock 
#1 ·
During games and some other things such as copying a CD to windows media player i get the blue screen of death and my computer restarts. It always happens and it is really annoying. it can even happen if i am just talking on msn and listening to music. I think it is a problem with my RAM but am not sure and dont want to buy more if i dont need to. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong????

i have an xfx nf-24 alh motherboard
athlon xp 2600
256mb pc2700
80gb 7200rpm ide hard drive
MSI GeForce fx 5200
creative 5.1

I have read other forums with people saying i is their hard drives and all sorts of other things so im not sure what to do!!!
Also i cant see what the error is on the blue screen because it only shows for a second before it restarts

#9 ·
You could try checking event viewer to see if any of these errors are logged in event viewer.

This might help in determining why your system is crashing and rebooting.

Event viewer is located in
start, control panel, admin tools, event viewer.

#10 ·
It may be a heating problem, It may be RAM; if you are running XP and trying to play games with 256 mb RAM; it may simply to be too little. Move up a stick or 2 but certainly 512 mb minimum. With the additional RAM make certain you have downloaded all the Microsoft critical updates and then update drivers - but I'm really thinking its RAM to start with.

#11 ·
i have tried driver guide and still no results.
about error log i have tried that but they are just blank errors and hold no informaton
and about a heating problem i have 6 case fans and my case probe sayse that the case temp is around 25 degrees celcius. and about the ram being to little it crashes on low requirement games such as empire earth and even crashes on desktop sometimes

#13 ·
the only error that says anything is:
The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
Is this my problem?What can i do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.