1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!! Game crashing problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maxoverclock, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxoverclock

maxoverclock Thread Starter

During games and some other things such as copying a CD to windows media player i get the blue screen of death and my computer restarts. It always happens and it is really annoying. it can even happen if i am just talking on msn and listening to music. I think it is a problem with my RAM but am not sure and dont want to buy more if i dont need to. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong????

i have an xfx nf-24 alh motherboard
    athlon xp 2600
    256mb pc2700
    80gb 7200rpm ide hard drive
    MSI GeForce fx 5200
    creative 5.1

I have read other forums with people saying i is their hard drives and all sorts of other things so im not sure what to do!!!
    Also i cant see what the error is on the blue screen because it only shows for a second before it restarts

2. shadowcat

shadowcat

3. maxoverclock

ok thanks. ill try memtest but i tried prime 95 and my computer crashed straight away
    i have wimdows xp home

4. maxoverclock

I dont have the sasser virus and there are no problems with my ram
    Could it be something to do with my pagefile ram ?

5. pbsiqueira

pbsiqueira

Maybe its a driver problem... turn off the "Automatically Restart" option (In "System Options", "Advanced", "Startup and Recovery ", "Settings" button) and see if u can find anything useful in the blue screen of death. Sometimes u can...

6. maxoverclock

i have allready done this to no avail (n)

7. maxoverclock

i also cannot see the blue screen because it restarts within a second of the blue screen showing

8. pbsiqueira

pbsiqueira

It´s restarting even with that option disabled? Never seen that...
    Well, I had a similar problem. Whenever I tried to play any sound or video (games, or movies) it would lock up and restart. I eventually found some drivers that worked nicely (in www.driverguide.com), maybe u r having the same problem.

9. rockinmale

rockinmale

You could try checking event viewer to see if any of these errors are logged in event viewer.

This might help in determining why your system is crashing and rebooting.

Event viewer is located in
    start, control panel, admin tools, event viewer.

10. sailinginbvi

sailinginbvi

It may be a heating problem, It may be RAM; if you are running XP and trying to play games with 256 mb RAM; it may simply to be too little. Move up a stick or 2 but certainly 512 mb minimum. With the additional RAM make certain you have downloaded all the Microsoft critical updates and then update drivers - but I'm really thinking its RAM to start with.

11. maxoverclock

i have tried driver guide and still no results.
    about error log i have tried that but they are just blank errors and hold no informaton
    and about a heating problem i have 6 case fans and my case probe sayse that the case temp is around 25 degrees celcius. and about the ram being to little it crashes on low requirement games such as empire earth and even crashes on desktop sometimes

12. Mustnged

Mustnged

check to see you don't have too many running processes. it might be running low on resources.

make sure the video card is seated properly in the slot. u might want to try taking it out and reseating it securely.

13. maxoverclock

the only error that says anything is:
    The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
    Is this my problem?What can i do about it?

14. Mustnged

Mustnged

please check and make sure your power supply is at least 350w. if you have many usb devices plugged in and playing a graphics intense game, you will need a good power supply.

15. maxoverclock

i took the whole system apart and placed each part in carefully 3 days ago and as for processes at idle i have 30 running

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/246636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice