[Help] Gaming Audio

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bechhold

So last Thursday I decided to buy this Gaming Headset. Problem is I am new to the whole Team Speak/Vent thing. I have plugged it in to the respectable jacks, Mic and Headset, but it still wont work, I did a Sound Hardware Test using it and it worked I could hear myself, but the whole reason I bought it was to use in BF2142, Guild Wars, LOTRO etc.. But it still will not work and nobody responds to me, and vice versa.

Do I need to do something using the computer audio or something, it didn't come with a key, and the computer didn't "detect" it like it was a Camera or anything like that.

Couriant

James
Check the Sound Volume. I am assuming you have XP, so on the bottom right, you should see a speaker looking icon. Double click that (if not go to Start > Control Panel > Sound) and you should see your volume bars. Look for Master Volume, Line In, Wave, and Mic (you may need to go to File > Properties > click Advanced) and make sure that they are not muted, nor low on volume. Mic is usually Muted by default.

what software are you using for in game?? you should download ventrillo or teamspeak

Bechhold

Well I already have the same version of TS installed, as well as a version of Vent. Do i need TS to be running in order to voice chat in BF2142 for example?

Couriant

James
Bechhold said:
Yes, I have Windows XP.

[img=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5187/soundsetupvo2.th.jpg]

That is what is shown when i click on Volume Display and go through the control panel.

I adjusted the device volume, and unmuted the Line-In but still nothing. It works fine for any kind of mic test, but just not in game.
Make sure Mic is not muted. Go back to the Sound Properties and click Options > Properties. Check the Mic box. It will appear with the rest and should be muted.

What you can also do is on MSN Messenger (if you use that) you can send a voice message by pressing the F2 key (i think) to send a voice message.

Bechhold

Thx found it, just one more question and Ill stop bugging you. When I unmute the Microphone the Line in becomes muted automatically, this suppose to happen?

Couriant

James
No. The Line In should still be unmuted.

I would suggest looking for up to date drivers for your sound because it could be that you are not using the correct drivers (windows generic instead of manufacturer specific)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online