1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help getting bandwidth across wireless bridges

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bocom1, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocom1

Bocom1 Thread Starter

I have just installed a wireless bridge with two links. At the router at AP one I can get 68 mbps on laptop when using ethernet cable. At station one which is 6 km away, I get the same 68 mbps when laptop is plugged into poe lan port. (This link is ubiquiti AF5xhd) I come out of the lan port of station one into AP twos poe lan port. Using station two at various locations, using internal speed test on an 8 mhz channel I can get 32 mbps transfer rate. When I reconfigure my lan port and do a speed test on speedtest.net I only get 2 gbps down and .9 upload. My latency is also high. The second hop is on ubiquiti rocket m900 900 mhz equipment. I know it is limited to 150 mbps but I use it in rural setup with no interference. Noise floor is 102 db. How can I make this link faster? Signal strength between AF5XHD is 64 db, rocket M900 link is 70 db.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice