Help hard drive doesn't show in laptop!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RBtinytaz

I have been trying to fix this laptop for a friend of mine,but now I can't get any reading from the hard drive. its an IBM560 thinkpad. I was just wondering if there might be a setting somewhere on the motherboard that I might have missed. Does anybody know anything about these? I do know it use to read.Thanks Rita

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. Can you get into the bios setup?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
There are no jumpers for you to play with. As already said, can you get into the BIOS. Hold down the F1 key and power on!

RBtinytaz

No I can't get into bios but it did let me start with a floppy but then there was nothing I could do since there was no place to put it.I had bought another hard drive for this and it isn't reading that one either.Is there anywhere that I could get the hard drives checked out? Maybe they are both bad...I know its reaching far but who knows...Thanks for your help...Rita

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
In any event, YOU HAVE to get into the bios setup. If the hard drive isn't recognized there, you are just spinning your wheels. Be sure you jumpered the new one as master.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.