1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help !! Have problem accessing desktop after removal of spyware.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by The Orakul, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Orakul

The Orakul Thread Starter

Hello i have an e machine comuter and am using IE version 5. My computer was infected with a virus . When i log on , my screen is black and says "windows has detected spyware/virus , use anytispyware to fix". And when i click on icons on my desktop to acess them for example " my computer, notepad, etc "nothing happens. I used 4 different anti virus and spyware programs including sypware doctor and the and mcafee anti virus program wich found over 1600 files to be infected.After the infected files were cleaned or deleted. I still cant acess any programs on my desktop not even the recycle bin , when i click them nothing happens. But when i go into safe mode everything works fine. Do i have to re install win2k ? If so how can i do that without loosing any information or files i have on my comp , thanks !

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe.
    Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
    Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
    Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
    Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
    Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
    Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

3. computeryarly

computeryarly

dude you can do this with out hijack this thats the answer every one says if you have a dvd burner or a cd burner you can copy the files to a cd or dvd then reinstall you operating system then put on ur internet security and spyware protection if u dont have a dvd or a cd burner then use hijack or you can get windows xp and install that as an upgrade because windows 2k is old and outdated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice