help hooking up speakers to boom box

techguy41

i have a boom box and wanted to hook up better speakers to it.

it has the slots in the back to hook up 1 set of speakers , one speaker on the left and one speaker on the right. i bought some really nice $120 speakers then i find that it might not work. i dont know. i was reading my manual for my boom box and it says that hooking up speakers other than the ones provides with boom box may harm system. is this true? what do i do? will this work?

Let me see what I can do for ya. I experimented alot with expanding stereo equipment past what it was made for when I was younger. Had about 4 large cabinet speakers hooked up to little boombox at one time :eek:

I need to know what make and model of boom box it is so I can look up some info on it and if you could I also need to know some specs on those speakers, such as the impedance.

Possibly depending on wattage/power draw, etc. Check the specs on the OEM speakers and the new ones and see how they compare. If they are close, jump on it. If not, do not even try, you will fry the amplifier in the stereo (I have done it).

techguy41

ok thanks guys, i dont know how to check the wattages for the speakers so ill give ya all the info on both of boom box and speakers and tell me if they will work and not blow my boom box up.

Boom box:
pacific technology
model #: cd 2775msw
6 ohm Impedance

Speakers:
Sony ss-mb350h
120W Maximum Input Power
8 ohm Impedance

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...s_Speakers&DCMP=OVERTUREPI_DF&HQS=HA_SSMB350H

what do you need to know about the boom box? i cant seem to find it on the internet

The 8 ohm's will help, they will "draw" less than the original..

I had a Panasonic "boom box" hooked to 4 home speakers..

Didn't care if it went "poof".. :D

It didn't but the speakers drew so much that over half volume, they would distort..

So I say, Give it a try, if you hear distortion then, they just won't work..

Side note, I tried a 300W 3 ohm sub woofer on my home theater... All I can say is it's a good thing it had an auto shut off.. :( All the display said was "Overload"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online