1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! How do I make a CD that will start automatically start?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Majik, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majik

Majik Thread Starter

Help! I want to put a few files on a CD, like some pics a powerpoint presentation, some word documents and stuff and I want to know how to make the CD load automatically and open to a menu or start page. How do I do this? I would be willing to pay a little for this help. I need assistance as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Majik WiZz

2. TimCottee

TimCottee

You need to create an Autorun.inf file in the root of the CD. This should contain the following entries:

[AutoRun]
    open=wscript.exe MyScriptToLaunch.vbs
    icon=MyIconFile.ico

Then create a VBS script to launch your HTML page or alternatively an executable or whatever can be used instead of wscript.exe .... in the "Open" line.

The Icon line is the icon that will be displayed in explorer when you look at the CD-ROM drive containing your CD.

3. Majik

Majik Thread Starter

I get the concept now, but I had to pay someone to help me do just that cause I didn't understand how to do it.

Thanks again.

majik

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice