1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help how do i reinstall my ie7

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jebster, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jebster

jebster Thread Starter

hi, for some reason the other day i think my ie7 got uninstalled ,it was after i restarted my cpu i went to click my shortcut icon on desktop and got message this points to something that has been changed or moved do you want to delete?,i dont know why because i didnt change it or uninstall it but now when i click on items that usually launches browser for example searches nothing happens and i cant open email through windows messenger, pls could somebody help me, thanks

2. DYMongoose

DYMongoose

If you have your windows re-installation disk this should be easy, but a little long.

1. Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    2. Click on Add/Remove Windows Components
    3. Check the box titled Internet Explorer (if it is already checked, uncheck then re-check). This should install IE 5.5 or 6, whichever it was that shipped with XP.
    4. Click Next/OK until the installation is complete.
    5. To upgrade to version 7 you'll need to run microsoft update: http://www.windowsupdate.com

Hopefully that works for you!

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

4. jebster

jebster Thread Starter

hi thanks for reply i forgot to mention i am running vista home premium which comes with internet explorer 7 and when i go to microsoft to download it they just offer a link to get it for another computer

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

You could not download IE7 at the link I gave????

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What happened with your computer before this problem started? Did you try a system restore? Internet Explorer is part of the operating system. It can't be uninstalled so I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't be reinstalled.

I'm not familiar with Vista in particular, but generally I'd say that you'll probably need to run some type of operating system repair. Are you sure this isn't a virus, trojan, or spyware problem? Can you manually run iexplore.exe?

7. jebster

jebster Thread Starter

hi simpswr no i dont think i can download it because it recognises i am already using ie7 because it comes with operating system i dont know if it will let me get it from the link yet

8. Old Rich

Old Rich

Well . . that link was for XP anyway . . have you tried DH's suggestions?

9. jebster

jebster Thread Starter

hi doublehelix,well im pretty sure nothing happened i hadn't just installed something or anything like that,basically all that happened is my cpu just seemed to not be responding to anything i was trying to do,so i thought just do a restart so i did then i tried accessing ie from desktop and it wouldnt.yes i can still run it through the quick link but sometimes i have to click it 2 or 3 times before it does anything.id be surprised if its a virus or spyware cos i am always scanning with all my antivirus and antispyware progs (everyday).something like this did happen with another prog i had installed about a month ago that just disappeared to for some reason.

10. jebster

jebster Thread Starter

hi yes i did try doing a system restore but it did not go back far enough to before it happened.i thought that maybe there would be an install file for ie 7 in prog files but there isnt.I cant understand why this happened but something like this happened about a month aga with a prog i had installed,it just disappeared,i always run scans for virus's and spyware every day and they havent found anything for a bit.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice