help! I am exposed to the world

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

volcanobob

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop running windows XP pro with service pack 2, build date was 11/06. I had trend micro Pc-cillin installed when I bought it and for some reason it will not update the virus software. It connects and downloads the updates then when its done downloading it says there is an error message that says "update unsucessful, check your internet connection and try again." I have tried again like 15 or 20 times now (every time it takes me about 25 minutes to download) and have chatted with Trend Micro people to try to fix this but so far nothing has worked. I am thinking someone must have had something similar happen to them if I have two Dell computers with basically the same OS on both and similar configurations both doing the same thing. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks

Welcome to TSG....

25 minutes to download? Wow! Do you have dial-up for internet?

volcanobob

No its not dial up but I think its just because I was thinking it was being updated all along automatically and it hadn't been and now I need so many updates it's a huge amount of info.

OK then it is either DSL or Cable and are you using any download accelerators on your broadband connection?

There are filters that the ISP have in place for spam and other things that also will affect the downlaods, to find out if this is the problem a call to the ISP might solve the problem if it is that.

What anti-virus and firewall are you using?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online