Help I cannot view my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DivaEds

I have not been able to see the my computer icon on my start menu for some time. When i do click the my computer icon i cannot see anything it is just blank until i press folders button in the task bar. Please tell me why and how i can view the contents without pressing the folders button.:confused:

Welcome to TSG!

Check the Start Menu settings:
Right click the Start button and then click Properties
Click the Start Menu tab
If it's set to Classic Start menu, My Computer will not appear, so tick Start Menu
Click the Customize... button
Click the Advanced tab
Scroll the list and make sure My Computer is NOT set to Don't display this item

As to why the page would be blank if the Explorer bar is not set to Folders, I have no idea.

HTH

Jerry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online