Help! I can't drag icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thedingo311

Okay, I've tried searching for an answer to this problem on this forum as well as many others and have yet to find a solution that works for me. I use a Sony Vaio Model VGC-RB45G with Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002. I can drag windows, drag a cursor to highlight text and drag a scroll bar around but for some reason I cannot drag icons within windows or on the desktop. The strange thing is that the translucent version of the icon that appears when you are mid-drag and haven't dropped it yet seems to appear for a moment and then disappears. The mouse, a Sony mouse that came with the computer, appears to be working fine since dragging seems to work in some cases but not in others. I ran Norton Anti-Virus and it came up with nothing. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online