1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP i cant factory reset.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by yoonyuljjang, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoonyuljjang

yoonyuljjang Thread Starter

hello i was using a pirated version of windows 7 ultimate until i bought the CD key at microsoft store. it was the upgrade version. i have a problem with BSOD. i debuged the .dmp files and the problems were ntkrnlpa.exe and Win32k.sys. Unfortunately, i cant delete any of those files. I want to factory reset but i cant because i dont have the CD. However i have a Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate CD Key. Any suggestions on how i can factory reset or remove the BSOD problems? Thanks in Advance.

2. sludge3000

sludge3000

By 'factory reset' I assume you mean format and re-install from scratch.

I suggest you purchase a Genuine Windows 7 CD to go with your Genuine Windows 7 CD Key. Beyond that I am unable to help as this forum does not support cracked/illegal software, while you may have a valid CD key you are still using a cracked version of the operating system.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

You may have no choice but to buy Windows disks from the manufacturer. Many pirated versions use complex algorithms involving the boot process, so your "factory settings" that are usually accessible through the proprietary MBR are almost certainly not available now. There is no way for you to reverse this problem yourself.

One thing worth trying (and I would still get those Windows disks) is to download and run the Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the PLoP distro and make a bootable USB key. Boot from the key. Your partitions will be shown in the menu and you can try to boot the recovery partition that way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/987641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice