HELP! I can't play games with my new Radeon 9600 Video Card!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Marrvia

Triple6 said:
No, thats 2 CPU's each running at 3.06Ghz. Also that would be a highend professional workstation or server system not something for a home user.
Is that a bad thing then, should I not get this computer? Because I can get this for a good price.

Triple6 said:
Those clock speeds put the card roughly where the regular Radeon 9600 should be. The Memory is actually running slower then it should. It should be 200Mhz real and 400MHz effective.
It is possible to turn those up, or would it not even make a difference?

Triple6

Rob
Well the memory is runnign is slower then it should so performance will be slightly, and I do mean slightly, lower. It doesn't matter as it won't solve the problem you're having. I would be shocked if this wasn't a bad video card. If you want to be really sure have someone test it out for you bgefore you return it.

About the system, a lot of hgh end systems like that don't actually do that well for personal use. There's compatibility issues, repairs or replacement parts are more expensive and harder to get. The XEON's are 64 bit CPU's that are not compatible with a wide range of common software if I'm not mistaken. It may not even have an AGP port depending on its design. Post full specs.

Marrvia

These are the specs.

Case- X-Blade Extreme Gamer Edition Case+ 2x Blue Cathode Light, 1x Blue Led side window fan, and 1x Ultra green cathode fan.

Motherboard- Asus PC-DL Deluxe Dual processing motherboard

Processor- Intel Pentium 4 Xeon 3.01Ghz Processor w/ Hyper-Threading Technology (acts as 2 processors!)

Processor- Intel Pentium 4 Xeon 3.01Ghz Processor w/ Hyper-Threading Technology (acts as 2 processors!)

Memory- 2GB PC3200 Kingston HyperX Memory

Hard Drive- 250GB 7200RPM SATA/150 Maxtor Hard Drive

Graphics Card- GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR3

Sound Card- AI 6.1 Surround Sound Card (Crystal Clear Sound!)

DVD-RW- Sony 16x Dual Layer DVD-RW (Ultra Fast, Ultra capacity!)

I'm also upgrading to 4gb RAM.

Triple6

Rob
Well for one that motherboard doesn't support 800Mhz Xeon's as you posted before but only 533<hz FSB Xeons.

Again, its a server system that I don't think should be used for home use. How much is the price tag?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online