1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Help] I can't see other shape tool

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Expelunker, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Expelunker

Expelunker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Razor
    hello guys, i really don't know how to deal with illustrator at the moment because i am new to this application, how could i possibly see other shape tool, like elliptical etc.?

pls i need your help, i've tried right clicking it but nothing happen, what keys should i need to press so i can see other stuff..

anyway the version of my Illustrator is CS5.15 ?

[​IMG]

thanks for your help..

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The shortcut key is M seen after Rectangle Tool. Click M, what happens?

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Right mouse click is what brings up the alternatives. If that isn't happening then I would reinstall Illustrator as it could be an incomplete install.

4. Expelunker

First Name:
    Razor
    nothing, if i just press M.. it goes with the square / rectangular only sir.. :/

I've been observing other Design Software like COREL DRAW x5 and 12.. and i find one solution but i don't know if it is working, i guess let me try if nothing happen, i don't know how , sir, i re install it many times.. it's annoying. don't know what to do. as what you said, i see alternative but not other shape like circle / elliptical etc.

well this link solve my problem :)

i want to share it if you want to read it too :)

http://krankykids.com/cheatsheets/illustrator/rectangle_ellipse_polygon_star_tools.html

RESULT:

[​IMG]

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I assume this is the same as Photoshop ????
    Circle ... Use the Elliptical/Ellipse and hold the shift key to force a circle ...

Attached Files:

• 11.gif
      11.gif
      File size:
      208.8 KB
      Views:
  6. valis

valis Moderator

I'm almost wondering if it's easier to get them into Gimp and away from illustrator, but I'll leave that to you Noyb.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I like Photoshop Raster images, not sure where I'd need Illustrator Vector images.
    I have Illustrator but I've never installed it.
    For most Image Editing work, Adobe Elements is as good as Photoshop, All depends on what you want to do ????
    And yes, I've been wondering about Gimp (Raster image) since Photoshop is going to "rent by the month" and Elements is almost $100.

The Question is... What does Expelunker want to work in .. Raster or Vector ????

If you Hold/Press the ALT key, you will draw a circle (Shift +ALT) from the Center (first click) and not an Edge/Corner
    Keyboard shortcuts are a very powerful tool, my left hand is usually as busy and my mouse hand :D

8. Expelunker

First Name:
    Razor
    uhm i just wanted to practice to draw an anime sir + color it self, something that my own design, I really love to draw and i will make it as a based, i guess its a vector? :) hehe thank you for your support guys.. i appreciate it.. thanks for your effort and concern helping me, this forum help me so much.

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Animations can be fun ... But it may take awhile to learn all the tricks.
    You'll get sharper images in Illustrator than you can get in Photoshop and you'll be able to resize up or down without loss of quality since you'll be working in Vectors.
    Lurk65.gif

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice