Help! I don't think my MOBO is compatible with case!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Deecie

I just started building my computer, and it seems all the I/O inputs on my motherboard don't fit the template on the back of my case!

The motherboard is an Abit NF7-S, and the case is an Antec Lanboy. This is my first time building a computer, and I didn't anticipate anything like this :confused:

Should I just try to rip out the template on the back of the case?

Deecie

Wow. I'm stupid.
When I got the motherboard out of the box I saw it came with its own template thingy. I thought 'Wow, how stupid, what kind of crappy case wouldn't come with a template thingy!' (I really should find out the correct name for it).

About 10 seconds later I noticed that the template thingy on the case was incompatible, and panicked and asked a question here. Shows where being closed-minded can get you!

Calm Down Deecie. We all have started building a new one and get excited and discouraged. This too shall pass and ye shall live to build another one that will be easier.

First Name
Jay
The template thingy is called an IO shield. Not all mobos come with them actually. And not all Case IO shields are exactly the same.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online