HELP!!!! (I got new comp and i came with vista)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

loopymcpoopy

Hi, I have a new computer and i came with vista ive been trying to get use to it for about a month.(I JUST CANT)
so my 2 choices are to:

duel boot: dost this make my computer slower and take up lots of space???

or to

delete vista and load XP: i dont have vista disk but what if i want to go back to vista later?? do i have to buy vista new or can i some how copy it on to a disk from my computer.

what should i do

You really need to tell us your computer to be able to better answer you.
I would not try to install XP without knowing if you can get drivers for your pc.
You could dual boot with XP and it would not slow down pc. Most pc's sold have either a retore partition on the hard drive or will sell you restore disks for $20.

loopymcpoopy

o srry i guess i should of put the specs on there

windows vista home premuim
AMD atholon 64 duel core 5200+
3.25 G of RAM
geforce 8500GT

:) :)

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Who made the machine, Dell, Gateway or whoever?

mrss

loopymcpoopy said:
Its a HP computer m8000n 32-bit
Which doesn't have any XP drivers listed on the HP website if it is the TV media center desktop. Which doesn't mean there aren't any, but it suggests that HP isn't going to be very supportive ... unless you were a corporate user with 100 of these boxes.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What issues are you having with this machine?
Maybe we can get you started with Vista so you can use it as it was designed to be used.

loopymcpoopy

compatibility it dosnt work properly with so many things like

team speak

x fire

call of duty 2

rainbow 6 lockdown

i cant get in to games and things like modding wise.( i do not do this but i want to practise)

and lots more i just want my old xp back again waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

is there anywhere i can get XP cheap. or any loopholes

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Most of those are not compatible with vista unless you have downloaded the latest versions if they have been updated.
It is NOT a Vista issue.

Take your machine back and see if you can get a XP machine, or learn to use Vista and upgrade your app's.

loopymcpoopy

im just gunna duel boot and just use vista for emegencys.
so do i have to make a new parttilion then load xp on to that??
and how?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts