1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP!! I have trouble deleting Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by quartz121984, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. quartz121984

quartz121984 Thread Starter

I had a probelm with internet explorer but i've downloaded Fire Fox Browser it works great. the probelm is that i can't seem to delete IE6 i've went to add and remove program and uninstalled IE6 the program still jump starts when i connect to the net. i have already set fire fox as my default browser please help me out :mad:

2. =Phant0M=

=Phant0M=

in my experience w/ windows...you cannot uninstall IE6. It is integrated into the OS itself. I just went into my registry and set it manually. I WOULD NOT reccomend doing this.

3. dai

dai

you can disable but not remove and you need it to connect to windows update
    in internet options under programs at the bottom of the page,untick the box for i.e to check if it is the default browser

4. TOGG

TOGG

There is a tool called IEradicator that is claimed to be able to remove IE from Windows machines. Personally, I wouldn't consider it because, as has already been said, IE has been deliberately integrated and shares files with Windows Explorer so a reinstall would be needed if anything went wrong and you will need IE for updates.

What you can do is disable some of the more dangerous aspects of IE and put Windows Updates in your Trusted Zone, which is what I did, following the advice in this article;https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/btw/ie/ie-opts.htm

5. dai

dai

togg
    which part of brum are you in

6. TOGG

TOGG

dai,

I'm on the Harborne/Quinton border now, about six miles from where I was born!. The original 'stick in the mud' that's me.

I lived in Bearwood for about two years (near Lightwoods Park, 200 yards over the border) but I didn't like the hard water or the fact that it threatened our son's place at King Edwards, so we moved back!

7. dai

dai

came out here from stirchley in 58

8. TOGG

TOGG

Obviously you were taken there by your parents while you were still a babe in arms!.

I left Portland Secondary Modern School in December '59, so, if you remember what school leaving age was then, you can work out how ancient I am!

9. dai

dai

your 1 year younger than me,i came on my own when i was 14 got out of school 3 months early

10. TOGG

TOGG

Perhaps we should request a new Forum for us 'Oldies' where you and and I, Oldie over in Malta and anyone else of the correct vintage, could bang on about 'the good old days' and everything that is wrong with young people today!

Or perhaps it already exists and is called 'Random'?.

11. dai

dai

i was going to pm or email but you have not enabled them
    quartz121984
    have you decided what to do with ie i would just leave it there and use your other browser,they won't interfere with one another

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice