1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, I messed up my graphics?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Steppinstone, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Steppinstone

Steppinstone Thread Starter

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. I have an older gateway computer and went to their site ,punched in my serial number and they had some upgrades ,one was a monitor upgrade. I downloaded it to my desktop as advised on GW site, went to unzip it and it told me it was already installed. It asked me if I wanted to over write the current file and I clicked no. After a reboot my graphics are all huge and blurred, I tried adjusting the settings but I am unsure what they were set at before. I am feeling a bit brainless today:)

Any ideas would be most helpful.

I did try using my go back program, and that usually works, it takes the computer back in time before the file was installed, that was unsucessful.

Thanks
    Chari

2. dabwid

dabwid

Check in the add/remove programs see if the update is there if so uninstall it.

3. Steppinstone

I checked there was one update listed, I un-installed restarted and things are the same.
    My pixels are all out of whack and everything is super sized!

I really can't believe that I don't know what the settings were before the update, I am just glad that I did not try something major like a bio's upgrade.
    BTW running win 98 se!

4. dabwid

dabwid

Have gone to Control Panel>Display>Setting, then move the screen aera up one notch until the screen returns to former size. If that fails reinstall the video card driver.

5. dabwid

dabwid

For got to add to last post. While in the screen setting set the color to 32bit true color.

6. Steppinstone

Thanks Dabwid, reinstalling the video drivers solved the issue! Thanks again
    Chari who learned today that if it aint broke don't try to fix it!!!

7. dabwid

dabwid

Your Welcome, Have the best day you chose to.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!