Help! I need a quick fix......INK files all over a desktop!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pileyrei

Hi

I have a rather "challenged" user who cant remember how he has caused this problem. Basivally, almost all of his desktop icons and program icons in the start menu have changed to have a .INK extension on them. They all want to open with MS PAint! :confused:

I've tried renaming a few things but no luck!
Im going to try an get a screenshot later if that helps.

Note: Most quicklaunch buttons have also changed

Any ideas? Im baffled!

Pileyrei

I think we came across this about a week ago. Try posting a log from HighJackThis. http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
Do NOT fix anything on your own, just save the log it produces and post it back here. Most of what it finds is harmless or even necessary.
Someone here will be able to tell you what is causing your problem.

pileyrei

Thanks for all your replies..I went with a profile recreation instead. A bit of a long way round but it worked. (y)

Thanks for your ideas.

Pileyrei

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online