1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP!!! I re-installed W XP on the master hard... the slave hard lost the data on it.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by simpatics, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simpatics

simpatics Thread Starter

I re-installed W XP on the master hard and the slave hard isn't no more recognized and when I try to access it, it's asking me if I want to format it.
    With the first W XP (before to re-install it), the slave had the letter E:/ and the DVD the letter D:/. After I re-install it, they switched the letters, the slave has now the letter D (I can change it in COMPUTER MANAGEMENT) and the DVD has the letter D:/.

I moved the slave hard on another computer, also as slave, and it's recognized but it's asking me to format it. What happened and is it possible somehow to recuperate the data I had on it? It was a new hard drive and unfortunately I moved on it all my documents, before re-installing W XP.

When I re-install the new system, I installed it on the same hard drive, even in the same folder!! The rest of the files on the primary hard are intact... but all the data on the slave drive are gone... can anybodey help me?

Thank you!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!