HELP! I reset my computer to factory settings by mistake!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windowsnewby

My computer showed it had a virus and I hit F-11 at startup to put the computer into Safe Mode, but during the process I ended up resetting my computer to the factory settings. The reset said that it would save all my current files into My Backup but I can not find them. I need to reverse the reset and bring my computer hard drive back to the current settings. How can I do this? I heard that the information is still on the hard drive, but I don't know how to retrieve it. Please help me!!!!

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi and Welcome to TSG,
Not sure if I can help but if you could add make/model of the machine and what operating system you're using that'll be helpful 'cos other may be able to help.

Thanks
Richard

windowsnewby

My computer is a Gateway 504 GR and working on the Windows XP Home Edition. Does this help?

DoubleHelix

Banned
You're not going to be able to reverse the system restore. I've never seen it happen. Do a search for some of your files to see if they might be stored in a hidden folder.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Here is the support site for the Gateway 504GR desktop.

Here is the online chat support section - if it works.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online