1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, I think I killed it!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bunglebear7, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunglebear7

bunglebear7 Thread Starter

:(

I have recently been getting a few e.mails from unknown sources saying I had a virus attached to e.mail I sent them (which I hadn't). No, I didn't open any of them. I normally have AVG running but decided to use Trend Housecall to see if AVG had missed anything. Halfway through the scan it found a virus called Joker (150 I think) and then crashed. I restarted and now I get one beep as it reboots, then the usual 2 screens of info before the Win ME screen then a black screen with flashing cursor in top left corner. Cursor doesn't respond when I try to enter anything. If I leave it and wait about 5 mins the Win ME screen does appear but that is as far as it gets.
    I tried the startup disk but nothing happened, I tried Win ME cd-rom and although the drive appears to be working, still nothing on screen.
    I am able to get online at work so am searching for help here.
    Any help gratefully received.
    Thanks

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

go into safe mode and do a virus scan that way

3. bunglebear7

bunglebear7 Thread Starter

I can't get into safe mode :(
    Tried F8 when booting but nothing happened

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice