Help, I think I killed it!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bunglebear7

:(

I have recently been getting a few e.mails from unknown sources saying I had a virus attached to e.mail I sent them (which I hadn't). No, I didn't open any of them. I normally have AVG running but decided to use Trend Housecall to see if AVG had missed anything. Halfway through the scan it found a virus called Joker (150 I think) and then crashed. I restarted and now I get one beep as it reboots, then the usual 2 screens of info before the Win ME screen then a black screen with flashing cursor in top left corner. Cursor doesn't respond when I try to enter anything. If I leave it and wait about 5 mins the Win ME screen does appear but that is as far as it gets.
I tried the startup disk but nothing happened, I tried Win ME cd-rom and although the drive appears to be working, still nothing on screen.
I am able to get online at work so am searching for help here.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online