1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, IDE interface, pin fell out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nj12nets, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nj12nets

nj12nets Thread Starter

hi, lemme give you some background info first. I mod and repair xboxs, and i was fixing one with vid problems and it came out good. I installd a mod chp and it came out good but the hdd woodnt boot. i switched to my hdd and it booted. I looked at the IDE interface and a pin from the top row was missing. now i have a old unusable hdd and someone told me to take a pin from that one. put some solder on it, let it dry place it in where it was and heat t he pin til the solder melts. otherwise just replace it. currently i can acces files on the drive by ftping from the modchip menu

for anyone that confused, a hdd lost a ide pin and wont boot, i can acces files by ftping to it. I can solder pretty good and have a useless hdd with pins i can use.

any ideas?

2. Sponsor

3. yto_daniel

yto_daniel

4. nj12nets

nj12nets Thread Starter

top row, above the space either one to the left or rite. i saw a chart once of all the pin numbers but i cant find it rite now. this mite help though:

... ......(top row) OR .... ...
    ..... ....(bottom row) ... ....

5. nj12nets

nj12nets Thread Starter

heres a pic, u can see 2 empty spaces when there should be one

[​IMG]

6. nj12nets

nj12nets Thread Starter

bump, please help

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First off, if you can access the hard disk at all, it isn't missing the pin in question.

Second, it's normal for a pin to be missing from a hard disk.

Third, I can't see anything in that tiny picture you posted. :)

I'm curious as to exactly what help you seek, if there is a pin really missing, the solution would seem to be obvious. :confused:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/363598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice