1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help identifying motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RowdyMoody, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RowdyMoody

RowdyMoody Thread Starter

i ran the program everest because im trying to update my motherboard drivers and needed to find out what motherboard i have. and it came up with a motherboard ID but it said motherboard name unknown...is there i was i can use the motherboard ID to determine what kind of motherboard i have so i can properly go about updating the drivers for it? or do i need to rip into my computer and actually look at it to try and find out what kind it is? and if thats the case what do i need to look for on the motherboard? help is greatly appreciated, thanks :)

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Is you machine a custom built machine or an OEM machine?

3. RowdyMoody

i dont believe its custom built, its a compaq presario that i bought from best buy, the only thing custom about is is my graphics card and extra ram that i threw into it. i think, lol.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

If it's a Presario go to the HP site and put in the model and somewhere on the site it should give you the specs for the machine.

Are you having a problem where you need to update the board drivers?

5. RowdyMoody

no im not having any actual problems with my pc or anything over it, im just wanting to update the drivers for the mobo so that i know they are up to date and im also trying to squeeze a little more performance out of grand theft auto IV, with it being the computer rapist that it is i want to take all the measures i possibly can to get it running as good as possible. but hey ill try your idea and go type in my pc model # and see if i cant find anything :)

6. RowdyMoody

7. win2kpro

win2kpro

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice