1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help im really stuck

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MikeyBoyy, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MikeyBoyy

MikeyBoyy Thread Starter

Ok so I left my inspiron on for 2days and I when I came back I was unable to acres the Internet at all. Followed steps to fix that but none were successful, so now I am looking to restore to factory settings. But whenever I go to 'repair your computer' I get the dreaded other 'user' login screen. I can't seem to get past here so I am unable to restore to factory settings and I have no Disks to help me. Please help me I'm really stressed about this!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so if you reboot the PC - does it open to windows as normal - or do you get an error message on a new bootup ?

3. MikeyBoyy

MikeyBoyy Thread Starter

I can log in if I start windows normally but I've been told to start repair mode to fix it but I cnt log in when I start in repair mode the only account there is 'other user'. Also when I do log on I have no acces to Internet so thus why I am restoring it.

4. huggie54

huggie54

have tried a "system restore" back to a date before the trouble began

5. MikeyBoyy

MikeyBoyy Thread Starter

Yh but I had no restore points. I am 100% sure I want to go back to factory settings im just not sure how I will considering the problems I'm encountering

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!