1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Inserting Windows Sample for Training

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ceecee64, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ceecee64

ceecee64 Thread Starter

I will be teaching a few co-workers how to perform some of the features in Word 2007. I am in the midst of creating my lesson, and I don't know how to insert sample windows in my document. For example, my powerpoint may tell them to select the label tab. How to I insert a picture showing them what it should look like?

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi ceecee,
    From Word, bring up whatever you're trying to show them (for example, the label tab). On the keyboard, hit Alt and Prt Scr (or Print Screen) at the same time. This will make a copy of just that window. Then in Powerpoint, you can select Ctrl and V to paste it into PowerPoint. Hope that helps.

3. ceecee64

ceecee64 Thread Starter

Thanks! So if I were creating a printed, I would have to have 2 windows open? One for the document and the other to cut and paste from and then adjust the size?

4. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

I'd have Word open and PowerPoint both open so you can move back and forth between them. You can copy from Word, paste it into Ppt and adjust the size there. Good luck!

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Better yet save these screen shots as images that way you will be able to reuse them as needed.

If you have Windows Vista or 7, which comes with Snipping tool, try the following:
    Note: I have found that you may not need to "Click on the NEW button" as the selection arrows may get activated.

6. ceecee64

ceecee64 Thread Starter

I've never heard of the snipping tool. It appears my work PC doesn't have one. I will have to check my home pc. Thank you for your help!

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If you have Windows 7 or Vista, then YES, you have it.
    Start, and then type snip in the search pane and you will see it listed.

Attached Files:

8. ceecee64

ceecee64 Thread Starter

Thank you so much for responded. I didn't know I had this email in my box. I apologize for the late thank you!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice