HELP!!! Installed goback now blue screen of death!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Daniel Davis

Installed go back as part of norton systemworks 2002...and the computer boots...but I get blue screen of death immediately! Can't even access the operating system. Boot into safe mode, same thing! I have until Monday to fix this...then my business goes down the tubes until this thing is fixed.

For the time being here is how to disable go back on boot

Situation:
You want to disable GoBack 3.0 Personal Edition.

Solution:
There are two ways to disable GoBack:

To disable GoBack while the computer is first starting:
1. When the GoBack screen appears, press the spacebar. A GoBack menu appears.
2. Click Disable GoBack.
3. Click Yes if you want to continue.

To disable GoBack after the computer has started:
1. Open the GoBack program.
2. Click Options, and then click the History tab.
3. Click Disable GoBack.
4. Click OK. The computer must be restarted to fully disable GoBack.

NOTE: In either case, disabling GoBack also clears the GoBack History and all restore SafePoints will be lost.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online