Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help installing chipset drivers on non-booting drive

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  LostRoss 
#1 ·
Well my PC randomly crapped out on me, after some elimination I found it was either the CPU or motherboard. Sadly I did not have another 775 socket motherboard to test CPU on so took a chance and bought a second hand P5KPL-VM and thankfully pc will now load, if only the BIOS.

I get a bluescreen error 0x7B when trying to boot with new motherboard and after a conversation with my dad (I should really stop listening to him) I put my hard drive back into the PC my friend lent me and ran driver sweeper assuming that windows would then use the default drivers, now neither PC will boot this drive. BIOS is definitely correctly set as it will load the Startup Repair Utility from HHD but it is of course useless. Currently using an Ubuntu bootable disk so have access to internet/files but need instructions on installing the chipset driver for new motherboard (P5KPL-VM Micro ATX) either through command line or moving correct files to correct directories with Ubuntu. To raise the stakes I have found that my Windows installation disk has gone walk about and so fresh install isn't an option (would have been resilient to that idea anyway as I'm pretty lazy).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
LostRoss

Specs.
Windows 7 OS (on non booting SATA drive)
P5KPL-VM motherboard
Q6600 CPU
8800 GTX GPU

See less See more
#2 ·
After exhausting all ideas that I could think of and all solutions I could find with google I gave up and got the windows disc from a friend and did clean install, working fine but still have a few hours of tweaking left to get it customized. Oh well . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.