1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help installing formatting my hard drive and reinstalling win xp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aftab_ayesha, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aftab_ayesha

aftab_ayesha Thread Starter

I had win xp installed on my computer. the boot disk ive for win xp is not the original cd it is a copied version. now when im starting my computer using boot floppy it tells me no cd rom device drivers found. still i continue reformat my hard drive by typing format c: and at some point i also deleted all the partitions and creatd a new fat32 partition but after i format my hard drive and set my bios to cdrom and reboot my computer. it gives me a msg "invalid system disk error".

ive tried all ways to get this done but all in vain and im exhausted. i wud highly appreciate if you can point me in right direction. is the problem due to a copied version of xp that its not right away booting from cd or im missing cdrom drivers in my boot floppy??? or some other problem

2. brianF

brianF

Help with illegal software is against forum rules, closing thread

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/149187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice