Help Installing slave HDD in 98se

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

t3h_s01j4

Okay so im trying to put an slave HDD in my computer, im running 98se on it. the HDD is a Maxtor 13gb hdd model number 91360D8, (i think its a "series A").. ive tried 20 million ways to set the jumpers etc.. it still doesnt show up under "My Computer".. ito only shows my C:

it says:
Jumper Master/SIngle Slave
j50 on off

the pins look like:
:::.:

Any help? thanks guys

T3h,

To install as a slave the jumper should be not connected or connected to a single pin (so you don't lose it).

Also see if it is detected in CMOS.

Regards,
Roger

t3h_s01j4

rogers55 said:
T3h,

To install as a slave the jumper should be not connected or connected to a single pin (so you don't lose it).

Also see if it is detected in CMOS.

Regards,
Roger
the bios picks it up though.. and ive tried it with NO jumper on it too..

and which is it, not on ther at all, or only to a single pin? and if that, what pin?

Windows will not "see" a drive until it is formated . . you can boot from your win98 boot disc and format the drive.

t3h_s01j4

simpswr said:
Windows will not "see" a drive until it is formated . . you can boot from your win98 boot disc and format the drive.
is there another way round that? my computer doesnt like to make boot disks..

t3h_s01j4

nevermind, i downloaded a boot disk and then fdisked in msdos, and created a partition on the new drive..

thank you anyways guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online