1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!!! Internet Does Not Work (?DLL Error Messages)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Shintan, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shintan

Shintan Thread Starter

First off, I am posting from another (this) computer because the problem with my computer does not let me get onto the internet. I can go into the other room to access my computer though, to look at error message names, etc. If I have to post things from the errored computer, I would have no problem typing them on this computer. I am patient to get this problem fixed, so that my internet will work. I have a Microsoft, it's a Pionex. (designed for Windows 98/NT, but I have 98). My adapter is a D-Link "DSB-650TX" USB Fast Ethernet Adapter. I have always-on internet (Cox Cable). I use Internet Explorer.

Upon starting my computer up I have for a long time gotten an error message about my Ethernet Adapter. It states that it has problems working or something and it suggests that I re-set it up or something similar. Note: this message appears when I exactly before I am to enter my password to log into Windows 98.

This adapter "problem" hasn't really done anything that I have noticed, but I wanted to note it just in case it is related to the other problems.

A LONG time after the adapter problem, not seeming to related to it, my computer displayed a bunch of error messages relating to "DLL". It cannot find "msnasn1.dll", "DoCEoC16B1", "stlb2.dll", and "E6F1873B.dll". Since these messages have displayed, I have not been able to get onto the internet. The internet loads completely but then when it is about to load the main visual part it displays a standard internet 'cannot load page' or something. It reads "Invalid Syntax Error" at the top of the Internet window and the main visual window suggests something like: Make sure modem is plugged in properly to phone line, or something.

I think this whole thing may have been caused by something I did a while ago (in between the time the adapter error message first appeared and the first time the DLL error messages started appearing). I had tons of programs running when I would bring up the END TASK screen along with the ones I have now. I always endtasked them so my computer would stop going so slow. I have downloaded spyware stoppers and programs of the like but they did nothing to rid of these programs or the slowness. One day I got extremely frustrated and decided to delete everything that had the word "RUNDLL" in it. After a couple days or weeks my internet would not load due to RUNDLL not working. So I took out of the trash and put it back in. The internet continued to work, then another couple of weeks or a month and the internet didn't work again, with new errors, the ones I have now.

Since I have had the Adapter Error Message, or maybe before (but anyway, for a LONG time), I have had ALL sorts of programs running, slowing down my computer (such as RUNDLL, realtime, Explorer, Lexpps, Imgicon, Systray, Winampa, Scanregw, Taskmon, Lexbces, Realsched, Rundll32, Tvm, Realevent, Rpcss, RUNDLL, Bpcpost, Iomupdateicons, Wzsepe32). These are the ones I have now, maybe others too when I "End Task" certain ones of these. I used to have much more than this when the internet was working. The RUNDLL ones (usually 3 on at a time in the END TASK list), seem to have appeared when the DLL error messages first started displaying. Wzsepe32 always appears to ask me if I want to END TASK it because it doesn't respond.

The DLL messages read: "Error Starting Program A required .DLL file, MSASN1.DLL, was not found."(I have to click this MSASN1 error message out 11-13 times before it goes away) "RUNDLL Error loading stlb2.dll One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found." "RUNDLL Error loading DoCEoC16B1 The system cannot find the file specified." "RUNDLL Error loading E6F1873B.DLL One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found."

I use the internet a lot and I cannot do much on my computer without it. I would greatly appreciate some help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice