HELP! Internet Explorer not responding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amykay618

I'm having a problem with my computer freezing and saying internet explorer not responding, leaving me to restart. Please help!

Please tell us a bit more about your system specifications (operating system, version of IE, CPU, RAM).

amykay618

I have windows xp. I'm not real good at computer stuff so bear with me. Do you mean cpu usage? It says 20%. Where can I find the RAM info? I also just downloaded the new internet explorer update because somebody recommended that may solve my issue but it hasn't. Thank you for being patient and helping me.

Right click "My Computer" and select Properties. A new window will appear- at the bottom you'll find the processor speed and the amount of RAM.

Well, first I would suggest uninstalling IE7, which will bring you back to IE6 - to do this, go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, find "Windows Internet explorer 7, click uninstall (or remove) and follow further instructions.
Secondly I would suggest you use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, it's free and lightweight. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

BTW, if you want, you can always get it back (the new version of IE) by updating again - perhaps this way you will get rid of your problem. However, in my experience Internet explorer is very unstable as well as being a resource hog, so if you use it, expect it to freeze up often;)

amykay618

When I go to to add/remove programs, I find only find Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)? Is that what I should remove? It takes me to a "Software Update removal wizard and tells me that "if KB938127 is removed, these programs might not run properly" and it lists several programs. Is this correct? Also, I tried to click on the website that you recommended and it takes me there but when I try to download, I get the usual non-responding problem. Thank you again

amykay618

Now I just got an odd message saying that "HP OfficeJet COM Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have no idea what the HP Office Jet COM event manager is???

Just above the software updates there should be an entry for "Windows Internet Explorer 7". If there really is non, the program is probably installed incorectly, which could explain your problems - please check again, in any case you may uninstall the updates for Internet explorer, the worse thing that can happen is you have to update again;)
The link I posted is the official firefox download page, if you cannot access it there is probably a problem with one of the plug-ins in IE, try this one http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-2.0.0.9&os=win&lang=sl If this doesn't work I can always PM you the program. As for the Hp OfficeJet - this is of course your printer, if this was a singular event, there is no cause for concearn, however, if it keeps happening, it could be a faulty driver, in which case you should reinstall it and look for an updated version.

BTW, how often do you get "encountered a problem, sorry for the inconvenience..." message?

amykay618

I double checked and there was no Windows Internet Explorer 7 except for the security updates so I removed that. The HP error only happened one time but my printer isn't even hooked up.

amykay618

Here is the error messages that I copied .
Name Type Description Size
Application Log Application Error Records 512.0 KB
Security Log Security Audit Records 512.0 KB
System Log System Error Records 512.0 KB
Internet Explorer Log Custom Log Error Records --

Should I open them and copy the details??

Yes Double Click on the Errors .. on the Right side use the Double Notepad icon to copy the whole error and paste them here

only for application and system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online