1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP, internet is all messed up.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by droogz, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. droogz

droogz Thread Starter

hi, i dont know what's wrong with my internet and i need help. everytime i try to go a site, instead of opening the page in the browser, it asks me if i want to open or save the file.

[​IMG]

this started happening yesterday and it only happens when i try to use the internet under my xp account. right now im using my sisters account to post this message. the internet works fine on the other accounts, except for mines.

p.s. this started happening after i put "<script>alert()</script>" in a search bar of a forum. (my friend told me to do it :( , and i stupidly tried it without knowing what would happen.)

oh yeah, and when i go to google, it sends me to google india. (ie7, firefox wont even go to google)

i can connect to google with ie7, but it takes me to google india... and when i try to go to yahoo, this happens (notice that it tries to connect to yahoo india)
    [​IMG]

this happens whenever i try to connect to any website using firefox. it asked me if i wanted to open or save the file (if i try to go to yahoo the file name is yahoo, etc) and i chose to open the file with firefox.exe, and then this happens.
    [​IMG]

thnx in advanced~

2. mtdriver

mtdriver

I can see that you are using windows XP try using system restore and restore your pc to an earlier point in time when it worked ok

Click start then all programs.accessories,system tools and select system restore. Select I want to restore my pc to an earlier point in time.

Select a date from the calendar when you know it was working ok

3. droogz

droogz Thread Starter

the problem started on july 11th, and system restore only allows me to restore back to july 12 T_T

[​IMG]

4. droogz

droogz Thread Starter

bump~

srry, i had to do it =S

5. tonkacat

tonkacat

This sounds like a Security issue. Try posting in the Security Forum.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice