1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mrscbw, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrscbw

mrscbw Thread Starter

Hello, I'm new here. I been trying to fix this for quite a while and I basically ran out of ideas. So I am hoping you guys might have a fix for me. The problem I have is this computer here is experiencing really slow internet speeds about 1000-1500 Kilobits/Sec , while all other computers in my house is getting 3000-4000 kilobits/Sec. My ISP is comcast(6mbps) we have 2 IP's available. I am getting one IP and am not running behind a router, the other ip is to the router and splitting to everybody else.

Heres a few things I done so far.
    I rebooted in safemode and done adaware scan(full system). I ran hijackthis and norton AV. All clear.

I adjusted my TCP/IP settings to:
    MaxMTU: 1500
    TCPRwin: 256960
    TTL: 64
    MTU Discovery: Yes
    Black Hole Detect: No
    Selective ACKs: Yes
    Max Duplicate ACKs: 2
    Windows Scaling: Enabled

I uninstalled all protocols not in use..Such as QOS packet scheduler. Disabled and uninstalled. I updated Modem drivers and NIC drivers.

I Tried to test it with no firewall. I tried connecting to the router that every other computer was on. I tried plugging cable modem directly to my computer with no other users sharing. I am 100% sure there is no spyware/Malware/Virus in my computer. I ran netstat in MS-DOS prompt to see if there was anything that might be using my bandwidth, nothing there.

I have no idea what is going on.

Computer Specs:
    MotherBoard:A7V8X-LA
    Athlon XP 2800+
    Windows XP
    2.0 Ghz / 333 Mhz FSB (40 degrees C)
    2 Gig RAM DDR400
    100GB Harddrive (30GB Free)
    Network Card: Via Rhine II VT 6102 (Driver Ver:3.55.0.440 12/27/05)
    Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 (Tried FireFOX 2.0 too)

Please help me..

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I don't have any idea why you couldn't start a new thread, just click on the New Thread at the top left of the page. I've moved your post to a new thread.

Attached Files:

3. mrscbw

mrscbw Thread Starter

it kept going back to log in screen even tho i logged in like 928374923 times. (activated account already)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice