Help! Is this computer worth it????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sharbear36

Hi,

I belong to a yahoo group and this computer was offered, I thought it was a pretty good buy for $150. My sister is in need of one but now my husband is telling me that this isn't good. I knew right where to go for advice!! So here I am, what do you think?

Here it is:

Memory - 128MB / Hard Drive Capacity - 8GB

Comes with Pentium II - 2450 processor, Key-Tronics Propeller
keyboard, Sylvania F-89 17" monitor, network card, modem,
Intellimouse/Microsoft mouse, operating systems and Soundblaster
speakers.

Has Network card also as well as 16x10x40x CD Burner and 3 1/2 floppy
disk drive.

Ethernet card and Serial and USB ports.

Extras also included - Norton Anitvirus, Outlook Express, acrobat
Reader, Microsoft Photo Editor, Winzip, Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
Access, andInternet Explorer. Also comes with Microsoft 95 manual and
Intel Desktop Manual (CD Format)

Thanks for any input
Shari

I agree with you husband. Used computers are cheap and you can buy something much better for $150. I just sold a trade-in on eBay. 1 gHz. AMD Duron processor, 20 gig hard drive, fresh installation of Windows XP home with OEM disk, new CPU cooler, new Kingston 512mb RAM, etc. for $225

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Shari:

If you fired up that computer and it's working okay, you did NOT get ripped off for $150.00.

It's got an Intel Pentium II 450 MHz processor, 128 MB of RAM, 8 GB hard drive, CDRW drive, network card, 17" monitor, etc.. I would've gladly paid $150.00 for it.

As long as you're planning to use Windows 98SE or Windows ME in it and just use it for basic computing, it'll do just fine for you.

The one thing that I would recommend though is to add another 128 - 256 MB of RAM to it. RAM is cheap and it's the most cost-effective performance boost that you can give that computer.

Don't even consider installing Windows XP in it because it's too old and too slow for that operating system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online