1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Is this computer worth it????

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sharbear36, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharbear36

sharbear36 Thread Starter

Hi,

I belong to a yahoo group and this computer was offered, I thought it was a pretty good buy for $150. My sister is in need of one but now my husband is telling me that this isn't good. I knew right where to go for advice!! So here I am, what do you think?

Here it is:

Memory - 128MB / Hard Drive Capacity - 8GB

Comes with Pentium II - 2450 processor, Key-Tronics Propeller
    keyboard, Sylvania F-89 17" monitor, network card, modem,
    Intellimouse/Microsoft mouse, operating systems and Soundblaster
    speakers.

Has Network card also as well as 16x10x40x CD Burner and 3 1/2 floppy
    disk drive.

Ethernet card and Serial and USB ports.

Extras also included - Norton Anitvirus, Outlook Express, acrobat
    Reader, Microsoft Photo Editor, Winzip, Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
    Access, andInternet Explorer. Also comes with Microsoft 95 manual and
    Intel Desktop Manual (CD Format)

Thanks for any input
    Shari

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

I agree with you husband. Used computers are cheap and you can buy something much better for $150. I just sold a trade-in on eBay. 1 gHz. AMD Duron processor, 20 gig hard drive, fresh installation of Windows XP home with OEM disk, new CPU cooler, new Kingston 512mb RAM, etc. for $225

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Shari:

If you fired up that computer and it's working okay, you did NOT get ripped off for $150.00.

It's got an Intel Pentium II 450 MHz processor, 128 MB of RAM, 8 GB hard drive, CDRW drive, network card, 17" monitor, etc.. I would've gladly paid $150.00 for it.

As long as you're planning to use Windows 98SE or Windows ME in it and just use it for basic computing, it'll do just fine for you.

The one thing that I would recommend though is to add another 128 - 256 MB of RAM to it. RAM is cheap and it's the most cost-effective performance boost that you can give that computer.

Don't even consider installing Windows XP in it because it's too old and too slow for that operating system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice