1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help:Joypad which uses XP driver will not work in Vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kitfox, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kitfox

kitfox Thread Starter

Hello!

I have used a Logic3 Joypad(model JP260) for a while now on my XP computer.

I want to use it on my vista laptop. But the laptop cannot recognise it and I cannot install the driver because the joypad(according to the logic3 website) uses the built in windows xp joypad driver (which I think may be the HID compliant game controller)

Can anyone think of a solution?

Great website by the way, surprised I haven't come across it before ^^!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Vista doesn't support game ports. You could try a USB adapter.

3. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

Unless you can find a way for vista to run it, then you are out of luck. You aren't the first and won't be the last person to find out that you may need all new hardware for vista. Even people who bought all new hardware with vista may have a problem because their "new" hardware isn't supported and the manufacturer refuses to put out new drivers.
    You can search for an alternate driver or a generic driver which may get it to work.

4. kitfox

kitfox Thread Starter

It's a USB joypad so I thought Vista would recognise it straight away. There's no way to import the driver that xp uses into vista and run it is there?

I looked around on the internet and I've found the driver folder, I'm just not sure which driver to copy, does anyone know?

Thanks for the replys so far ^^

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice