Help, Laptop Cpu/cooling fan?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uouo998

recently my laptop cpu or cooling fan stopped working. It gets extremely hot minutes after i turn on my computer and i realized the fan stopped spinning. Does anyone know where I could purchase a replacement fan for sony vaio VGN-SZ433N please help me out thank you.

PS. This laptop was purchased in Asia so the model number could be a little different than the American ones but if anyone know the actually American model # that would be a great help.

Thanks

I have tried to find the equivelant to your Sony laptop in the UK - but had no success.

If you are fairly proficient in laptop repairs you should not have a problem removing the fan/heatsink unit and taking it to a computer part stockest who will be able to order a new unit from their part catalogue.

uouo998

does anyone have disassemble manual for similar laptops ?

thanx for your help Ditchster

The trickiest part i find with servicing laptops is actually getting into the shell - sounds daft but some shell designs can take a while to get into if you dont want to damage the shell. You will find that a few strips of thick card can come in handy to prevent the shell snapping back together when getting the first two corners of the shell open.
As for your manual request - i have not come accross any to date, sorry.

uouo998

ah ic ic thank you for your help, i am probably gonna take the laptop to fix

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online