1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! Laptop Died!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcampeau, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jcampeau

jcampeau Thread Starter

Hi, I have an Alien Ware m14x r2 and last night it completely died on me. Its 2 years old. The strange thing is the power cord has a blue light on it. It is lit when indicating it has power and unlit when it doesn't. When I plug the power cable in the light comes on indicating power, however as soon as I plug it in to the laptop it goes out. I have not been able to power it up since. The battery had a full charge at the time also. I have been praying its not the mother board. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you:mad:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Alienware M14x R2 (Dell support site for that laptop)

Note: If you go here and enter the "service tag" number or "express service code" number for your laptop, it'll bring up the Dell support site that's assigned ONLY to your laptop.

-----------------------------------------------------------

3. jcampeau

jcampeau Thread Starter

Thanks, but past experience with Dell support was a nightmare. Was hoping for some guidance from the experts here. I will try again with them but hopefully someone can help here. I trust the advice on this site more than Dell.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    So even though the battery is fully charged, you can't power it up by battery alone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice