1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Laptop keys stop working after laptop dissection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rajalo87, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajalo87

rajalo87 Thread Starter

I have been having problems keeping my touchpad and keyboard functioning after taking my laptop apart. In the first instance, my touchpad stopped working a couple weeks after the dissection. I took the computer back apart, and re-secured the touch pad jack in the motherboard connector, and it worked again.

The second instance, which I havent been able to solve, is the keyboard keys. Certain keys will stop working after some short time after taking apart the computer, usually a couple hours to a couple days.

I have tried readjusting the keyboard jack in the motherboard connector, also have tried turning off the computer and taking out the battery for a while.

Please help

Its an HP Pavilion dv5000 with Windows XP

2. rajalo87

rajalo87 Thread Starter

Also Ive noticed that all of the keys that aren't functioning are clustered in one area on the keypad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/926139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice