1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Laptop won't turn on after hibernation during recovery!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Codrod, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codrod

Codrod Thread Starter

May 28, 2012
    I was recovering my laptop to it's factory settings, and during this, I closed the lid which caused it to hibernate mid recovery.
    When I now lift up the lid and click the power button, it does not switch on, as though it has been drained of power (it hasn't)

I have tried putting it on the AC and holding power for 30 seconds.
    I've tried it without the battery, with and all the possible ways; all resulting in a dead end.

My laptop is an ACER ASPIRE 5752

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Jan 9, 2005
    Hi and welcome.
    A factory restore does not always work - hence the advice to back up any needed data and files.
    But to interrupt the restore - was can say what damage was done to the restore process.

Remove both the battery and the power lead and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  3. Elvandil

Aug 1, 2003
    Hibernation is a Windows function, so the machine cannot hibernate unless Windows is running. So your machine did not hibernate. If you closed the lid during restoration, chances are that you simply turned the machine off, or possibly put it in a sleep mode. What was happening at the time that you closed the lid?

It really seems unlikely, though, that damage could have been done to hardware by closing the lid. Does anything at all happen when you turn it on?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054935